Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Primary Day


Today was the day. So far, it looks as if John McCain won the primary, just like in 2004. Today was a busy day, but only for the early part of it. We all met up at 7:00 am and then took everybody to their campaigns. When I got to the Paul campaign, it was probably the busiest I’ve seen it. There were probably 100 volunteers in that little office. Many were phone banking, others getting ready to canvass. Craig asked me to help him set up the victory party at a hotel in Concord. We took many of the 4X8 signs to the event, as well as yard signs. I had the great pleasure of tromping in the 4 feet of snow to put the yard signs all the way down the road on which the hotel was. There was an AV company setting up the stage, as well as a band and the news cameras. Apparently, there were just a few cameras there from which all the major networks would get their footage. I helped set up the stage, setting some amplifiers up for the instruments and basically just being Craig’s right hand man. I guess my most enduring feat was climbing a 12 foot ladder to hang the Ron Paul banner.


It was interesting to watch it on TV because it’s much different when you’re really there. I stayed around the party until about 9:30 and then I knew it was gonna be a long night of picking people up, so I went to HQ to get Shadi, then trekked on to Manchester and Nashua to pick up those who needed a ride. I am ready to get back because I am very tired and am looking forward to sleeping in on Thursday. But this has definitely been a great experience. This class has been described as a once in a lifetime experience. I’m incredibly fortunate- for me it was a twice in a lifetime experience.


No comments: