Monday, January 7, 2008

Monday madness....



Today was another exciting day on the campaign trail. I am starting to get used to the longer drive up to Concord, but at night it seems much longer drive home, probably because I am so tired. Today, when I arrived at the Ron Paul HQ, they were rounding up volunteers to go down to the Barley House Restaurant to do viz at a Huckabee event. They told me to go with them so I grabbed a sign and headed down there. When I got to the restaurant, I was blown away by the amount of people standing outside. After a while, the Ron Paul supporters started getting way to rowdy, shouting at Huckabee supporters and getting a little out of control. You can read about it here in this Boston Globe article; http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/08/mayor_fuels_talk_of_joining_08_race/
First in the crowd, I noticed GOP pundit and former Senate candidate Michael Steele. I made my way to him and chatted briefly and got a quick photo. Not long after that, I saw Chris Matthews from Hardball and snapped a quick photo with him. This is what I love about being up here for this. I mean I was in a crowd next to Michael Steel and Chris Matthews, and then Sean Hannity walked right by me with a microphone in hand and a camera crew in tow. Even though I’m not a fan of his, I still took a quick photo with him. He asked where I was from and I said Florida. He put the camera on me and the mike in front of me and interviewed me briefly about what I was doing here. I did not wake up this morning and think I was going to be interviewed by Sean Hannity. The crowd continued to get thick and throughout the morning I ran into Carl Cameron from FOX News, CNN’s Anderson Cooper, CBS’s Bob Schieffer, and former Senator Phil Gramm. At one point Hannity and Cooper crossed paths and chatted briefly. How amazing to see this two well-known tv personalities run into each other on the street and chat. After that exciting morning, I headed back to the campaign HQ where they had me drive with some other volunteers and put up giant 4X8 Ron Paul signs in intersections and other high traffic places. I really enjoyed today and am glad that I had a chance to mingle with so many well known people this morning.












No comments: