Friday, January 4, 2008

After Iowa

Well, a bit of sad news from New Hampshire. Senator Biden dropped out of the race last night, after a poor showing in Iowa. He and Senator Dodd both ended their campaigns last night. This was certainly unfortunate news for us at the Biden campaign. I was excited to meet Biden and came to New Hampshire to work for him. He was/is the only candidate I want to support. I have issues with the other candidates, especially the three front runners, and would probably not have come to New Hampshire if it was not for Biden. Now I must decide which other candidate I want to support, but am honestly having a bit of trouble with it because Im not that enthusiastic about any other candidate.

Today we visited the State House and Senate here in New Hampshire. The legislature of this state is the 3rd largest legislative body in the english-speaking world, next to the British Parliament and US Congress. We had a chance to tour the actual chambers which is pretty amazing. They are literally next door to each other. It was interesting to see the building because there is a lot of history there. After the tour, we split up into our groups and I drove the Manchester people to their offices, then I came back to Concord to see what was going on at the Biden HQ. When I got there, the door was locked, so I had to walk around to the other door and go in. The staff was in the office working on their computers and we all chatted briefly, agreeing that it was a bit of a surprise that we had such a poor showing, and that he dropped out so soon. We exchanged contact information, and wished each other good luck before I left.



So now I am considering other candidates for whom I would want to work. As I've discussed before, I am not too enthusiastic about any of the other candidates in the race. But, ironically, I am seriously considering Gov Huckabee. I am now in a position where I just must pick somebody so the reason I am considering him is because he is a Bass player and so am I. I saw him on TV playing with his band and he seems to be a competent bassist, and I respect that, because as a bassist, we are often the neglected members of the band, although we are one of the most important. Plus, he won Iowa and I dont want to see Mitt Romney win the Republican nomination, just on the offchance that he might win the presidency. With Mitt, I just dont see how somebody worth $200 million dollars can really be concerned about the average person. Plus, I like Chuck Norris and he is supporting Huckabee. So, I think I will now move to Mike. But nothing certain yet.

No comments: